Ever wish you had an extra display for your Mac or PC? There's an app for that. With Air Display, you can use your Android screen as a wireless display, to extend your computer desktop.
Like a wired monitor, Air Display works in two ways:
(1) Extend your computer screen onto a second screen, or
(2) Mirror the contents of your computer screen onto your Android screen.
This new edition, Air Display 2, lets you wirelessly extend or mirror your screen to up to four iPads simultaneously to create unique training sessions or presentations. And now you can pinch-zoom in and out of high-resolution displays.
Air Display's performance is extremely responsive, employing a unique dynamic compression algorithm. On a typical Wi-Fi network, mouse cursor refreshes are indistinguishable from a wired mouse. Air Display works in both landscape and portrait configurations. Just rotate your screen, and it automatically reconfigures. Air Display makes a laptop much more useful by increasing its usable screen size.
Air Display not only gives you a wireless computer screen extender or mirror, but also works as a tablet input device. You can use your finger to draw directly on the screen's surface. Try it with a calculator, painting tool, or music control surface. Simple gestures allow you to operate the right mouse button and scroll wheel. When you rotate the screen, or disconnect and reconnect, your windows are automatically repositioned appropriately, so you don't have to drag them back to the Android screen.
Some great uses for Air Display include:
- Fill your Air Display screen with your utility apps such as iChat, Mail, iCal, and Calculator.
- Graphic design: Make Photoshop and Illustrator usable on your laptop by putting your tool palettes on the Android screen.
- Music: Use your Android screen as a wireless control surface for Logic or Pro Tools.
- Programming: Use the extra display area for such auxiliary development tools as Console, Terminal, and the Debugger.
- Business: Move all of your iWork and Office palettes and inspector windows onto Air Display, and let your document fill the screen.
On first launch, Air Display presents easy instructions for downloading and installing the free companion support software for your desktop computer.
• Mac OS X compatibility: Air Display Host requires Mac OS X 10.8 or later.
• Windows compatibility: Air Display Host requires Windows 7 or 8. Windows 10 is NOT supported yet. Stay tuned!
• Both devices must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
• Support for multiple simultaneous Air Display screens works with the Mac host only for now.
IMPORTANT: The Air Display Host drivers are not compatible with Windows PCs that have “dual-graphics switching.” To check: open Windows Device Manager and expand the Display Adapters section. If you see both Intel and either Nvidia or AMD/ATI graphics adapters, you probably have dual-graphics switching.
Air Display 2 is a free trial software application from the PIMS & Calendars subcategory, part of the Business category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2015-05-20. The program can be installed on Android.
Air Display 2 (version 2.0.0) has a file size of 9.44 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 31 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.